Power Query - Have to hit refresh two or three times for data to update correctly

lager1001

Board Regular
Hey all,

I have to click refresh a minimum of twice to get my data tables to update correctly. Is there something I am missing in terms of how the queries are being executed? Is there a checkbox somewhere that I need to check or uncheck? Generally speaking, after the first refresh the data remains the same as it was. Upon second refresh it either completely updates, or partially updates. By third refresh, if necessary, everything is updated. I just can't determine why this happens. Given the logic behind it all, shouldn't it update on the very first refresh?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You cannot control the order in which the queries are refreshed. If you have multiple queries, and one query must be refreshed first then chances are it will not happen in the correct order. Therefore it’s only after multiple refreshes and you get the correct results. If you are using powerbi.com, you can move some or all queries to dataflows. There you will have more control.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back