Power Query - Hyperlink to file

DaveyD

I have a power query setup that imports tables from all excel files in a folder.
Is it possible to have a column that contains a link to the original excel file?

[I have this working in a regular excel table using the hyperlink function (which uses the customer name to get to the correct file). Now I want to convert that table to a power query table which makes automation much easier!]

Is it possible to get this automated with power query in any way?

Thanks,
David

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

sandy666

PowerQuery doesn't support links - result will be text always

DaveyD

Ok, thank you
Is there any workaround?

In any case, a "No" is better than more hours wasted on trying... ;)

sandy666

if the result of Query will be loaded into the sheet - it's possible but remeber that if you refresh your result (query)-table you will lost hyperlink.

you can use: =HYPERLINK("link_location")
1. add prefix: =HYPERLINK("
2. add suffix: ")
3. load to the sheet
4. replace = with = (yes this is the same equal sign)
and you'll get hyperlink but as I said above, each refresh remove hyperlink and you need repeat replace = to =

Last edited:

sandy666

I forgot: link_location: full path\filename

DaveyD

Thanks - this worked for me.
I created a button that runs a function to refresh the query and replace the = sign
Works perfectly!
Thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varunwalla

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...