Power Query Issue

kelyndm

I am having an issue in power query. My coworker with the exact same computer/setup/ and visibly same excel settings, working in Excel 2016 stand alone does not have the same issue, and is able to refresh the queries that I create by I am not. The issue is: Every time that I try and create a power query, from a table within the workbook I am working in, Excel gives me the following error when I try to "Close and Load" or refresh the query:
"Initialization of the data source failed. Check the database server or cantact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database."
Immediately following this error, I also get the error:
"The following data range failed to refresh: ExternalData_1 Continue to refresh all?"

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am getting this error. Like I said, the query data source is an internal table. I have found out that "ExternalData_1" is a named range that is hidden, and I presume that Power Query is creating it. The ExternalData_1 refers to the same range that my Table I am running the query off of is in.

Any idea of why this might be occurring? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi
I had an equal issue with my Excel 2016 64bit. I solved it by setuping Power BI Desktop 64bit. Maybe it helps you too.
Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back