Power query keep formatting after refresh

CuriousGeorge67

I'm using PQ to get data from an external source.

I'd like to change formatting for those records that are retrieved, but the formatting seems to disappear if I refresh.

What are the recommended methods to keep the formatting during a refresh.

BTW, I do have the checkbox checked that says "preserve cell formatting" and "preserve column sort/filter/layout".

The formatting seems to "move" when new records arrive.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Craigc3814

Board Regular
Your formatting needs to be done within PQ, not within Excel if that makes sense.

If you want a number to appear as a decimal number to appear as a whole number that needs to be a rule within PQ by changing the data type.

You did not really give an example so I am not sure if that answers your question

CuriousGeorge67

Thanks.

I should have said formatting like, changing a cell with color while I'm working with it.

So for example, I have several rows that I would like to format with the fill color green. 
But after I do that and hit refresh, that coloring seems to "move" to other rows....so it looks like the formatting becomes specific to the row it was applied to.

This PQ becomes a working document...but maybe PQ doesn't really work that way.

Just looking for a way to work with it so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

In the end, the query creates a worklist that I'm then formatting with green as I get items done.

Thanks!

Craigc3814

Board Regular
It sounds like your issue is not PQ then. It sounds like you need to write an if formula for conditional formatting within excel

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHelp

This Week's Hot Topics