Power Query - Looping through table values

Tiger9136

Please can someone help me:

I need to pull two different web queries - First Query I run returns a table of items:

00001 - Coffee
00007 - Creamer
00019 - Filters

for example

The second query is coming from a different web source with the same identifier "00001" "00007" etc..

I need to run the next query and loop through what would be column1 and return the cost:

00001 - Coffee - 9.95
00007 - Creamer - 12.89
00019 - Filters - 0.99

Can some one point me in the right directions to use the identifier as a parameter to loop and pull the cost in for each item?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Join the two queries together using the Merge Queries on ID Numbers and expand the Price column from the merged tables.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Try searching YouTube for Power Query Merge Tables and you'll see how easy it really is.

Upvote 0
I can do that, the problem is on the second query I have to pull 10's of thousands of records to find all the identifier's that is why I want to use the identifier or key as a parameter to pull only the data that matches.

Upvote 0
Maybe this will help

Query #1: Web query pulls data based on a filter value of a single Dispatch type "PM's" Which returns a table like the image below:

Query 2 would pull the Labor cost for each PM. The labor cost is pulled from a different web query with the common connection of the "Dispatch#" in column 1 and cannot be filtered by dispatch type, so merging queries works but I have to pull 100's of thousands of records to find all the matching dispatch #'s.

To clean this up I want to use the "Dispatch #" as the parameter from Query 1 and iterate through each dispatch number to pull the labor cost in Query #2.

I am lost and don't know where to start. Can Someone please help with this?

tia

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back