Power Query Refresh - How much longer

johnny51981

I don't know if this is something that is available, but is there a way to show a status of refresh whether it be a countdown timer or a percentage complete? And I'm talking more of a visual that pops up, rather than keeping an eye on the Queries and Connections pane.

It's not a necessity, but having this will help with calming the lack of patience.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I'm not sure how you can hook into the engine that way to know the percent complete in any kind of way. Excel will show some messages in the status bar at the bottom of the screen for what it is doing. I could have sworn it used to say something like "Retrieving Data 40000 / 50000" or something similar, but the screenshot I just took seems to refute that. As far as I know, the toolbar messages might be the best you can get.

1647891882212.png

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply, @severynm . I keep an eye on this but it doesn't hit until Excel has processed enough to start showing the data being retrieved. It's that process that I'm looking to have a visual of where it is at. And being that I have all of my queries set up as not running in the background, the Excel session is essentially locked until all resulting data has been loaded to their final location(s).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back