power query running total help

martingaleh

Board Regular
I have a complicated windowed running total I'm trying to calculate. I've made an excel example that I'd like to implement in powerquery so I don' thave to copy the formulas down. Here's an example file
https://file.io/k7yZ4D

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

martingaleh

Board Regular
The column on the right is the expected result. I implemented the expected result in excel, now I want to implement it in power query. Sorry that wasn't clear

martingaleh

Board Regular
Yes, post #4 says "or [try this link]" I was hoping for the "either" part not the "or" part as reading that link involves a level of power query mastering in includes creating a udf, passing the same table and other parameters, getting back a number. I presume it self casts to a primitive, hard to tell and then using that number. I don't know if this is all true, but looking at the amount of interest surrounding this topic, I guess this is an esoteric use case that isn't just easily implemented. Could be worse, could have to use a cursor or scala. Actually scala is easier.

sandy666

so I don't know what are you trying to achieve if that method from link is not acceptable for you

besides hard to say something more if post#1 and 2:

Last edited:

martingaleh

Board Regular
I don't know how to add text to that prior picture, I'm trying to implement the "owe" column and you can see how the column was calculated.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pajg

This Week's Hot Topics