Power Query: Saving result as static workbook to new folder - refresh daily then save to new folder as static document

foxyginger

I feel the answer to this question is real simple but I'm VERY new to power query and haven't found a way to do this yet.

I have built a few queries where I save reports to a folder, it pulls the files consolidates and re-formats them when I click refresh. This is wonderful. But now I need to save the reformatted information to a new workbook as static data.

For Example -

A daily account reconciliation which sets up the workbook for me in the way I need it. Then I want to grab that template and save it to a new folder as a working file which no longer refreshes. Then the next day refresh the template, grab, work, save as static to another file, etc.

This way I can go back and look at each day's account reconciliation and see all the data, rather than only the current day's refreshed data.

Issue - I've tried just saving the end product as a new name and file type to the other folder, but it refreshes the data the next day for BOTH workbooks for some reason.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
right click on the QueryTable result in the sheet and Table = Convert to Range then save as... etc.
then delete converted table from template
next day refresh Query in template, load to the sheet and do the same as above then save as... (with different name)
and so on...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
right click on the QueryTable result in the sheet and Table = Convert to Range then save as... etc.
then delete converted table from template
next day refresh Query in template, load to the sheet and do the same as above then save as... (with different name)
and so on...

THANK YOU SANDY! :biggrin::biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back