Power query slows after loading table

cogough

Hi all,

I have a large query that appends a dozen csv files and merges data with some Salesforce object queries (Opportunity Product and Deals) to create one large table with about 180k lines. I also created a self-referencing query where I added a few extra columns in the final table where I can enter comments, created a new query to the table and then linked that back to the original final query, so that my comments would stick to the correct line as the raw data is updated. I do all of this in other files with no issues. None of the queries are being loaded to the data model.

When I Refresh All, everything seems to load well in the first few minutes (the spinning dotted wheel next to the query is spinning quickly) and the final query shows 180,157 rows loaded after about 3 minutes, but then the spinning wheel slows to a crawl with the next dot appearing every 30 seconds or so and Excel doesn’t unlock for another hour or two.

I have Data Load -> Background Data “Allow data preview to download in the background” unchecked and all the queries have “Fast Data Load” checked.

Any suggestions on how I can dig into this to find where the query is hanging up after it appears to finish loading?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back