Power Query Timeout

Bravo2003

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Not sure if this is the right section to ask, but using MS 365 Excel Power Query, made 22 Queries with no major issues, but the last one is now giving me a
DataSource.Error: The Web.Page function didn't finish within timeout of 100 seconds.

Am I doing something wrong? can I fix it?

It seemed to work all the way through setting up the data sourcing, but as soon as I try to load it to the spreadsheet it ends up failing on this Timeout issue.

Can anyone help?

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table30"]}[Content],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"URL"}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "FetchStyleProfileETF", each fxMDStyleProfileETF()), #"Removed Columns" = Table....cy"}) in #"Expanded FetchStyleProfileETF"

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
OK, so I've found how to set a different timeout allowance, when setting up the query there is an option on the 'From Web - Advanced', selection,
which gives something similar to - = Web.Page(Web.Contents("URL", [Timeout=#duration(0,0,15,0)])) in the commands...

But I've discovered the problem must actually be something to do with the Website i am accessing?
I have just tested the other Query that uses the same website (it had already worked fine and loaded all the data in to the spreadsheet before), but now I go to update the data and it give me the same fail on timeout?
Other queries using different websites run fine, so I am guessing the obstacle is in the website?

Any ideas on what to do now?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back