Power Query URL Change

msarfaraz

let
Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/" & "BTC-USD" & "?period1=1581415348&period2=1613037748&interval=1d&events=history&includeAdjustedClose=true"),[Delimiter=",", Columns=7, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Date", type date}, {"Open", type number}, {"High", type number}, {"Low", type number}, {"Close", type number}, {"Adj Close", type number}, {"Volume", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

How I can change the above query instead of "BTC-USD" I want a column (Text field) to pick the dynamically.

Can you paste your Power Query for me at that stage?
Something's not right with your URL, it is literally parsing word "ticker" instead of the entries of column "Ticker".
Also, paste the Power Query for your formula query as it might be constructed incorrectly (although I doubt it, since you already tested it for a smaller sample and it was all working fine).

1613056593783.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
(Ticker as text) as table =>

let
Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/" & "Ticker" & "?period1=1581415348&period2=1613037748&interval=1d&events=history&includeAdjustedClose=true"),[Delimiter=",", Columns=7, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Date", type date}, {"Open", type number}, {"High", type number}, {"Low", type number}, {"Close", type number}, {"Adj Close", type number}, {"Volume", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back