Power Query/VBA JSON Extraction

SanTrapGamer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large JSON file which produces 300,000+ lines of data in an Excel file. Unfortunately, using VBA to clean up the data to how I've got it formatted in the link provided appears to take too long. I can share my VBA coding if someone is willing to see if they provide efficiencies there. Otherwise, I was turning my attention to Power Query to pull the data from the web page containing the JSON directly. My issue is that I have no been able to figure out to get the data to show all the details similar to that of in the link as well. For the sake of making things easier this data set can be used to imitate the spreadsheet I'm providing as well.

https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-11-H1/chaos/gen3ou-0.json - Sample data.

https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-11-H1/chaos/gen8vgc2021-1760.json - Data I'm truly wanting to use, but follows basically the same format of that of the sample data.

Porygon-Z 1760+ Usage - Google Sheet showing off how I want the data to be imported into Excel after pulling the JSON with Power Query.

Once the data gets to the formatting like in the Google Sheet, I was going to create VBA to do what I want with the data from there. I just need help finding a way to gather the LARGE amount of data from the 2nd JSON file to import into an Excel file.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Cross posted Power Query/VBA JSON Extraction

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back