Power Utility Pack (PUP 7)

StuLux

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been using John Walkenbachs Power Utility Pack on and off for several years and purchased access to the code. I've recently switched to 64 bit as I maintain a large and complex Excel 'system' and find it simply runs better and more reliably in 64 bit. I'm having problems getting PUP 7 to work in 64 bit. I've followed the guidance in this post Mr Excel Post and changed the declarations to 'PtrSafe' and the code compiles with no errors after doing this.

The problem I'm encountering is that, whenever I try to use any of the tools in PUP, I get an error saying that PUP cannot find a related file (the PUP tool installs to a folder with about 90 seperate files). I've checked and the files do exist but it seems that the add-in can't 'see'' them. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
It's working fine under 64bit for me. I use it all the time. Have you re-run the installer? Because it sounds like an install issue. You're not trying to do something exotic are you? Like trying to run it from a OneDrive folder.

Upvote 0
It's working fine under 64bit for me. I use it all the time. Have you re-run the installer? Because it sounds like an install issue. You're not trying to do something exotic are you? Like trying to run it from a OneDrive folder.
Thank you for your response. I do have PUP7 installed on One Drive, I've not had any problems with this before, but I'll try installing it to the C: drive to see if this resolves, thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back