Power View activated but no tab on ribbon

pivoteer

I am using Excel 2013 and have Power Pivot, Power Query and Power View activated.

There is a tab on the ribbon for both Power Pivot and Power Query, but none for Power View.

When I go into File > Options > Customize Ribbon, there is a tab in the list of Main Tabs under 'Customize the Ribbon' for all three apps, and the box next to each is checked.

How do I get the Power View tab onto the ribbon?

ParamRay

Power View used to be on the Insert tab, within a group called Reports. But they've removed it by default now, presumably because we're supposed to use Power BI for visualizations instead.

You can add it back to the Ribbon though. If you go to Customize Ribbon and choose Commands Not in the Ribbon, the command you need to add is called Insert a Power View Report.

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
You are right, but it is not because you are "supposed" to use Power BI. Power View was effectively the prototype of Power BI. Power View is like version 0.1 and Power BI is currently in version 2.0.

I wouldn't use Power View because it is old and extremely limited in capabilities.

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
I'm glad you like it. I always appreciate a review on Amazon if you have a few minutes to spare.

What would the accompanying book be about? Are you saying same topic but more exercises (more than the original), or some other topic?

Last edited:

ParamRay

I'm glad you like it. I always appreciate a review on Amazon if you have a few minutes to spare.

What would the accompanying book be about? Are you saying same topic but more exercises (more than the original), or some other topic?
Perhaps a book that uses a different data source (other than AdventureWorks) and has a number of test questions asking you to write different measures. Kind of like to test your knowledge. And then an answer section at the back. Appreciate your book already has lots of exercises, but you can never have enough practice!

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
Books are remarkably unprofitable (unless you are JK Rowling), so another is not high on my list :(. I will refresh my current book to a second edition however. (Refresh - not rewrite)

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...