PowerApp feasibility... opinions and suggestions sought

si3po

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Evening all, i'm hoping to garner some clarity on the feasibility of a project i am looking to undertake in order to digitise and streamline a number of processes in the day-to-day role of my small section.

We, a small team of 4 persons (on shift rotation), maintain a critical logistics focal point for my our organisation locally. All critical demands come into, and are vetted by, ourselves and one manager (also a small team on shift rotation) after being initially vetted for completion of details, where they orders are then processed for acceptance and progression with industry suppliers by ourselves.

Currently our processes require a lot of 'paper pushing' between departments - from the customer placing the order, the hard copy order sheet goes to initial vetting by the main logistics team placed alongside the customer for investigation and completion of initial priority demands placement. It is then forwarded to ourselves for secondary vetting and management scrutiny, before being accepted/rejected. At which point, the hard copy sheet is copied into our bespoke (Excel based) priority demands tracking system and the hard copy archived for later recollection if required, and the demand is progressed/hastened from there until completion.

My initial thoughts were that an MS Form (or something else that gathers the required data) could be implemented within our PowerApp in order to replicate the current 'hard copy' Priority Demand sheet and then we use the PowerApp the perform a few of the various "paper pushing" actions we currently carry out (see below) but harnessing the power of Power Automate and Flows - is this possible? :
  1. MS Form to gather all requirement information & take the demand from customer...
  2. forward it to local logistics personnel for initial vetting - approve/reject option here to return it to customer for changes, or approve and put to next step
  3. after initial vetting and acceptance forward to my team for investigation - approve/reject option, again, reject option goes back to previous step
  4. if accepted forward to management for further scrutiny - accept/reject option, if reject, goes to previous step
  5. if accepted by management, returned to my team for final acceptance
  6. on final acceptance place the requirement into our Excel based demand register.
At all times, it would be desirable for a 'current status' indicator to be visible within the PowerApp to show current progression of the demand placement.

So, there's my big blue sky thinking picture, and i'm ready to be shot down for it, but i'd like to push it out to you folk and garner your thoughts as to whether you think something like this is possible within PowerApps and the MS SharePoint environment...

Over to you all, and my indebted thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Si3PO

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Well if you mean outside access, a standard Powerapps is not going to be able to get customer input. Have you looked into Power Pages yet?

Upvote 0
Well if you mean outside access, a standard Powerapps is not going to be able to get customer input. Have you looked into Power Pages yet?

Outside access won't be required. All 'customers' in this instance will be using the same Network and SharePoint servers. The system is for 'in house' demand requirements.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back