Powerpivot joins.. not seem to be working

jak82

Board Regular
Hi,

I have done a basic file.. see

Whats wierd is the joins dont seem to be working.. anyone got any idea why.. scratching my head.

Chris

alansidman

Office Version
Platform
Windows
VBA Code:
let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Qid"}, Table2, {"Qid"}, "Table2", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Table2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Table2", {"Doc"}, {"Table2.Doc"}),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Expanded Table2",{"Qid", "Table2.Doc", "Text"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Qid", Order.Ascending}, {"Table2.Doc", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

jak82

Board Regular
VBA Code:
let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Qid"}, Table2, {"Qid"}, "Table2", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Table2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Table2", {"Doc"}, {"Table2.Doc"}),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Expanded Table2",{"Qid", "Table2.Doc", "Text"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Qid", Order.Ascending}, {"Table2.Doc", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"
Hi @alansidman

I am trying to do it with the joins in powerpivot without having to code things..... as its for junior people....the basics dont seem to be working in Excel?

sandy666

I don't understand your steps: load tables to Power Query next to Data Model next create Relationship next Pivot Table
if you want to create relationship enough load tables to Data Model next Pivot Table without Power Query
or without Data Model just Power Query only, merge tables and Pivot Table from External Data Source

Examples with Power Query only and with Data Model only: Example

jak82

Board Regular
Thanks @sandy666 Ill have a look at that.. for some reason though the powerpivot join wasnt working on mine.. not sure.

sandy666

You are welcome

If you want result like on the picture I posted before you are right, PowerPivot doesn't work like you want

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabina

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics