Powerpivot joins.. not seem to be working

jak82

Board Regular
Hi,

I have done a basic file.. see

Whats wierd is the joins dont seem to be working.. anyone got any idea why.. scratching my head.

Chris

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
is that what you want?

screenshot-128.png

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Qid"}, Table2, {"Qid"}, "Table2", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Table2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Table2", {"Doc"}, {"Table2.Doc"}),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Expanded Table2",{"Qid", "Table2.Doc", "Text"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Qid", Order.Ascending}, {"Table2.Doc", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Qid"}, Table2, {"Qid"}, "Table2", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Table2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Table2", {"Doc"}, {"Table2.Doc"}),
    #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Expanded Table2",{"Qid", "Table2.Doc", "Text"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Reordered Columns",{{"Qid", Order.Ascending}, {"Table2.Doc", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"
Hi @alansidman

I am trying to do it with the joins in powerpivot without having to code things..... as its for junior people....the basics dont seem to be working in Excel?

Upvote 0
I don't understand your steps: load tables to Power Query next to Data Model next create Relationship next Pivot Table
if you want to create relationship enough load tables to Data Model next Pivot Table without Power Query
or without Data Model just Power Query only, merge tables and Pivot Table from External Data Source

Examples with Power Query only and with Data Model only: Example

Upvote 0
You are welcome

If you want result like on the picture I posted before you are right, PowerPivot doesn't work like you want

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back