powerpivot question

bionicle

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I've started to use power pivots and I'm finding it very frustrating :oops:
<o:p></o:p>
The problem I'm having is as follows:<o:p></o:p>
I have several worksheets that I have imported via power pivot window which works fine. When I bring the pivot into excel and create a slicer for that table all the data changes as it should do but when I create a second / third table and try to link all together nothing happens?
I have tried to build the relationship build between them by using pivot table connections but it still doesn’t work.
I’ve also tried to use a second slicer and linking them but I don’t want two slicers identical to each other and when I delete it nothing works.
Help is needed before the laptop goes out the window.....
Thanks in advance....<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Are you just trying to link a slicer to more than one pivot?

If so, then you can do one of 2 things:

1. Select the slicer, then go to the Slicer Tools tab that appears in the ribbon. From there, go to PivotTable Connection and select the pivots that you want connected to the slicer.

2. Alternatively, you could select the Pivot first, then go to the Options tab that appears under PivotTable Tools. Go to Insert Slicer>Slicer Connections and select the slicers you want to connect the pivot.

Upvote 0
Hi MD610

Tried both these ways but it doesn't work, I've even created a connection between them and all worksheets have a column labeled the same (date) to give them a commonality.

At a loss...

Upvote 0
Are your 2 (or 3) additional Pivots using the same data table as the first Pivot?

Is the field being used for the slicer in the same data table as the pivot fields in each table? If not, have you double checked the relationships you created between different data tables in the PowerPivot window?

Depending on your data model and how your pivot is structured, you don't always end up with the results you think you will at first. Sometimes, I find it easier to add a column to the data table that has the primary data I will be using in my pivot using the RELATED function (pretty much works like a VLOOKUP from regular excel). Then I just "bring in" the columns I need from the other table so that all my pivot fields and slicers are essentially coming from a single table. This step can sometimes simplify things as opposed to mixing and matching fields/slicers from different tables.

Upvote 0
Hadn't thought of putting it all on the one sheet,
Ill give it go.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelhelp12345

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back