PowerPivot Refreshing Data Automatically within Excel Window

fr650008

Hello,

I have created several spreadsheets using PowerPivot. These sheets are being used by many people in the company I'm working in to access information. Since some of the users do no have a lot of excel skills I have created Refresh macro buttons on each spreadsheet to update the PowerPivot pivot tables. I have used the code from the following website: Automating PowerPivot Refresh operation from VBA | Tom Gleeson - Power Pivot and Excel Consultant. Lately the users of the reports are getting errors saying the database can not be located. With some investigation it looks as though the macro is looking for a connection that no longer exists and needs to find a new connection. Does anyone know of changes to the code to get rid of this error. OR more preferably a way to refresh the PowerPivot data within the excel spreadsheet?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

fr650008

I forgot to mention that my PowerPivots are connected to a Microsoft 2012 SQL database and we currently do not have sharepoint.
Thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JiNXX9500

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...