Powerpivot V2 -custom sot - sort by column

RobertCotton

Board Regular
I downloaded powerpivot for Excel 2010 and I don't know how I ever lived without it !!!!

However, as many have noted the lack of ability to do custom sorts is frustrating. (Jan,Feb, Mar, etc)

I bought both Bill Jelens and Rob Collies books and find them invaluable. I Rob's book there is a tip on accomplishing this type of sort and he talks obut using the "sort by column" icon on the design ribbon. I don't have this option available. Further research indicates that I need to be using Powerpivot V2. However, I am having difficulty locating "V2" on the Microsoft site.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the "latest and greatest version of Powerpivot for Excel 2010 and what specific file I need to download?

Did I mention I think powerpivot is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Thank you and I have another question. I have read a couple of blog entries that indicate upgrading from V1 to V2 can cause unexpected problems. In your opinion, would it be best to completly remove powerpivot before downloading and installing the new version? If so, can you recomend the right way to go about this or perhaps provide a good resource that explains the process.

Thanks again for the support.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back