Prediction/Forecast - Excel

Macpop

Good day any help I can attain will be awesome.

Issue: Based on two cells I would like to know the probability that the next input will meet the desired result.

Example

Months Yield (The expected yield in 5months is 10%)
5 10%

1 3% (The current yield in 1month is 3%)

I need a formula that will tell me the probability that based on the current month's yield, how likely that the yield of 10% will be attained at month 5.

Thank you.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

oldbrewer

Board Regular
probabilty - how confident do you want to be in the prediction, 70%, 90%, 95% ?

Maybe the best thing to do is to plot actual yield against the predictions made each month.

Macpop

probabilty - how confident do you want to be in the prediction, 70%, 90%, 95% ?

Maybe the best thing to do is to plot actual yield against the predictions made each month.
90%...for this task i need an output and not graphs.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arias610

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...