Prepopulate worksheet based on criteria in a cell

asmonat

I would like to be able to choose certain criteria from a drop down list(audience and room size) and have a good portion of the worksheet prepopulate based on that choice. In this case, it would be audio equipment that goes along with each room size. Right now we have each budget size in a separate tab but it would be considerably easier to revise/update for clients if most of the info would autofill. Can a macro do this for me? Pivot table?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
asmonat,

Welcome to the MrExcel board.

Screenshots would help.

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php
I've been having some computer issues lately and I hate to download another program right now. Let me try to be clearer with what I'm looking to do.
At the top of the page right now we have the package type listed (small, med, large). Below are different sections of equipment/pricing that correspond with each of these. Right now the small package and it's corresponding equipment are in a tab. If you want to see the medium package you need to switch tabs.
Ideally I would just be able to pick the package size and have the proper equipment appear below. Utimately I would like to then put in other conditions (audience size) and have the further equipment change accordingly.

Thanks for your help!!

Upvote 0
asmonat,

Yes, we had a very nice holiday. We hope you did also.

Thanks for the workbook.

But, there is no additional worksheet setup with the data validation cells.

Can you post another workbook with the following.

Please create the data validation lists on the additional worksheet, make your choice(s), and manually fill in this worksheet with the information from your choice(s) - as an example to help me along.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back