Press Enter on Each Cell in a Sheet

parr.a.pluie

Hello,

I entered a formula into cells using a formula that I wrote myself using VB. It's important to note that each cell's formula is different. For example,

c1: =upper(dog)
c2: =upper(cat)
c2: =upper(horse)

The problem is that because I entered these formulas using a VB formula, I have to go through each cell and press enter in order to calculate the result (otherwise the cell is showing the formula not the result), and I have more than 33000 cells.

Does anyone know of a way to do this automatically (i.e. "press enter" in multiple cells at once)? I tried F2 and then crt+enter, but it changes every cell to the first cell's formula and as I mentioned earlier, each cell's formula is different.

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
baha, I just stuck spoons in the keyboard to hold down the F2 and enter keys... not as elegant, but it works. :P

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Can you post your code?

Spoons really shouldn't be necessary. ;)

One thing you can do is select the entire range and goto Data-->Text to Columns-->Finish.

HTH,

Upvote 0
The Proper way using VBA is
Code:
= UCsse(dog)
It does not place a formula in the cell. It just converts it!!

lenze

Upvote 0
You should not need to F2 or use Data>Text to columns, though I'm sure they will work.

There must be something else going on, for example calculation not set to Automatic, the cells with the formula being formatted as text...

Might even be a conflict with the built-in UPPER worksheet function, that is if you've created a UDF called Upper.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I entered a formula into cells using a formula that I wrote myself using VB. It's important to note that each cell's formula is different. For example,

c1: =upper(dog)
c2: =upper(cat)
c2: =upper(horse)

The problem is that because I entered these formulas using a VB formula, I have to go through each cell and press enter in order to calculate the result (otherwise the cell is showing the formula not the result), and I have more than 33000 cells.

Does anyone know of a way to do this automatically (i.e. "press enter" in multiple cells at once)? I tried F2 and then crt+enter, but it changes every cell to the first cell's formula and as I mentioned earlier, each cell's formula is different.

Thank you in advance!

I know that this is a very old thread, but I wanted to provide an easy solution in case anyone finds it while trying to solve their own problem.

When Excel won't recognize the formula until Enter is pressed in each cell, you can achieve the same effect by doing a find and replace on the entire sheet. Replace "=" with "*****". Then do another search and replace and change "*****" back to "=". Each cell will refresh and your formula will be recognized.

Upvote 0
Hope the below code works for you

Code:
Sub abc()
    N = InputBox("Enter the number of columns", vbOKOnly, "100")

For i = 1 To N

Columns(i).Select

Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Cells(1, i), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
        TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _
        Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
        :=Array(1, 1), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back