Pretty Please Help

overbet

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
I have been trying to figure this out and been reading for a couple days without success. I am not a programmer and have no programming background so hopefully someone on here with the knowledge I lack would be willing to help me. I am trying to get the company name and website for from Yahoo finance into Excel for a lot of tickers. I want to put the stock tickers into say column A and have a macro or web query that pulls in the corresponding full name of the company for that ticker as well as the website for the company both of which are located under the Profile tab in Yahoo Finance. I have a program I had written a while back that pulls in a bunch of other data and I have tried to reverse engineer it but like I said I am a coding idiot so that didnt work. Does anyone know how I could achieve this? Also I am not even sure it is possible to pull in the website. Thanks

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back