prevent forwarding attachment

nathanl

Thanks for your help on my last question, you guys respond really fast, this is an invaluable site, I have learned a ton browsing previous topics.

My issue right now is that I have created an Excel form which will be saved on the intranet. Users will click on the hyperlink and the form will open up in Excel.

I have buttons on the form that I need them to use when they are submitting the form which creates an email and also stamps the persons email address on the form, sort of like a signature.

My problem is, people are not using the buttons on the form, but are just forwarding the attachment instead, and we receive the completed form, but do not get their email stamped on the form so we know who it came from.

I know you can disable menu items, toolbars, etc., but they can still just save the file to their hard disk from Windows Explorer or in an Outlook message and forward it around without using the buttons.

Any ideas on how I can require the user to only be able to forward the file/attachment around when using the buttons on/in the actual Excel form?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
you could disable the save functions until the forward with your button. Have a message box come up if they try to save it telling them to first click the foward button. Then in the forward macro, set the save functions active again

Upvote 0
I tried preventing the save, using the Cancel = True on the BeforeSave event, which worked when you are in the actual Excel spreadsheet...but the buttons I have set up to forward the file as an attachment, pop up the email message so so they can address it to the appropriate person.

When this message pops up, the user can right-click on the attachment and do a save as from within the email message (if they don't do it at this point, they could go to the sent items folder and do it from there).

Is there a way to prevent this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back