Preventing tables that are not in the Power pivot data table to appear in the pivot table fields list ?

Arnaud81

Hi All,

For being able to display different contents depending the users I use a macro that apply a filter to my main data table and then copy the filtered table to another sheet and finally upload/refresh to the data model.

My problem is that users still have access to the "original" table with all the data in the pivot table field list because all the workbook tables are available in that list.

Is there any possibility to prevent tables that are not uploaded in my data model to be displayed in the pivot table fields list ?

Thanks !!!

Arnaud

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi All,

I posted this thread to fast. My concern is more about removing the tables from the pivot field list for more elegant solution than regarding the security. Indeed, The main table is deleted after the copy/paste so no problem on this side.

Arnaud

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back