Previous Worksheet Navigation

seleseped

Board Regular
Hello,

I asked this question in 2012 and didn't get a solution so I'm hoping that somebody will be able to help me 4 years later.

I would like to have a "PREVIOUS" navigation button in a workbook that goes back to the previously activated worksheet, which may or may not be physically the previous worksheet in the workbook. In other words, if I go from Sheet #1, to Sheet #3, to Sheet #5, I'd like to return to Sheet #3 from Sheet #5 (rather then navigating back to Sheet #4). I think what I need is a macro to hold the sheet names in the order they were activated so that the user can continue to work his way backward, in reverse order of activation, to the very beginning (sheet 1) if desired.

I am inexpert with VB and appreciate any handholding (and detailed advice).
Michele

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Do you have a button on every sheet? If not you will have go back to the sheet with the button to trigger the move to the previous sheet; but then the previous sheet will be the one you were on before you went back to the sheet with the button, so you could have just stayed there, if that is in fact what you wanted to do. I am pretty sure you can get a solution, but, I think you need to explain what it is that you would like a little more clearly.

If you the need for this "button" is because you have lots of sheets, you can right click on the arrows at the bottom left and see a list of all the sheets; then pick the one you want. If you want Excel to remember the sheets you have been to and the order, that is pretty feasible, but a button to trigger stepping back is always going to be problematic.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Quite by happenstance (and happily for me), since I made this post, I found a solution on another help forum. So please consider this request closed. I appreciate you taking the time to reply in the meantime.

Upvote 0
If you have posted on another forum, you need to include a link to the thread in the other forum - include the link from here, in that forum as well.

It would also be nice if you included the answer here too, so that other members might benefit from it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back