Price Lists

jaqkar

Hi

I am working on some price lists and have a worksheet with my cost prices which I obviously do not want to display to anyone. What I am after is a way to get the my selling price in another worksheet by means of formulas and the cost prices and be able to email that to customers without them needing my "master" cost sheet.

Anyone done anything like this before?

Cheers
J

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Wouldn't it be simpler to keep your master sheet in the workbook, but hide and password protect it? That way your customers don't see it, and your formulas will be a lot faster to type!

Upvote 0
You need to setup two worksheets for this, one with detailed calculations and one with the final price only.

Your calculation worksheet will have columns with Item No. Item Description and then as many columns as you like to complete your calculation.

The client's worksheet will have Item No. Item Description and and final price. You can bring in the final price from the calculation sheet with a simple formula.

When you want to give your price list to the client, make a copy of the sheet in a new book. You can remove the links to the old workbook by Pasting values or by using Break Links command if you are using Excel 2003.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be simpler to keep your master sheet in the workbook, but hide and password protect it? That way your customers don't see it, and your formulas will be a lot faster to type!

This sounds like a good solution but I how do I hide and password protect worksheets?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back