Print a range on labels from Excel

adambc

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm not sure whether this is possible or not?

I'm helping the local charity I volunteer at to organise a series of charity golf days ...

(Apologies for those of you not familiar with the golfing terms I'm about to use ...

I have a Workbook with an Input Worksheet to capture meta data (event date/time/location/etc), as well as names and Handicap Indexes (nn.n) for all players for each event - other values eg Course Handicap, Playing Handicap, etc (nn) are then calculated - and the data is then used to populate multiple "lookalike" Score Cards ...

But ... printing those Score Cards in full is no longer practical, so I want to print the top few rows (with a combination of multiple columns and merged cells) of each Score Card on labels that I can stick on pre-printed Score Cards - I thought this would be easy but now I'm not so sure! - I've stripped out the rows in question into a new Worksheet and was hoping that I could size/space them and print to a sheet of 192 * 38 labels, but it's proving somewhat tricky!!! ...

So following some online posts I've found, I've created a table in Word that represents what I want the labels to look like, but now I'm struggling with how to dynamically pick up the variable fields from my Workbook ...

Before I post any examples etc, can anyone point me to anything/anywhere that might help me?

Many thanks ...

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Try looking into "Create Labels", "Select Recipients" and "Insert Merge Field" using MS Word.

Upvote 0
@mumps

Thanks, but not quite as simple as that I'm afraid - I wish that it was!

I'll post exactly what I have and what I'm trying to do over the next few days - I need to depersonalise the Workbook first ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back