Print all combinations from a drop down list onto a pdf or a new excel sheet

Ankit Chowdhary

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Experts,

Need help to print all combinations from a drop down list onto a pdf or a new excel sheet which will have all combinations in different sheets.

Just to explain. I have three sheets (1. NSV, 2. Volumes 3. NSV per ton) and have 2 data validation drop downs with the below combinations:

1. Arivia, Retail, Total
2. Core, FS, Total

Hence there are 9 combinations, and 3 sheets, so total of 27 pdfs should come up but all should be in one pdf file or we can also have 27 new sheets in a new excel file with all the combinations. Quick help is needed pls.

I was asked to refer to a solution but that is very different from my ask.. Request your help here as its very time consuming for me right now.

1649225118520.png
1649225124492.png
1649225133210.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
structure remained the same, now only looking for the 3 mentioned worksheets (and check if they exist).
The names of the new sheets is a combination of the original name + the 2 dropdowns.
The new workbook is saved as xlsx and as pdf (only if the original workbook has already been saved, otherwise no path !).
VBA Code:
Sub split_Workbook()
     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
     Dim drop0, drop1, drop2, k, i&, j&, ws As Worksheet, s, sh, sp
     drop0 = Array("1. NSV", "2. Volumes", "3. NSV per ton")
     drop1 = Array("Core", "Arivia", "Total")                   ' option list in cell C2
     drop2 = Array("Retail", "FS", "Total")                     ' option list in cell C3
     Workbooks.Add

For k = 0 To UBound(drop0)                                 'loop through the 3 specific worksheets
          On Error Resume Next
          Set ws = Nothing
          Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(CStr(drop0(k)))          'this workbook
          If ws Is Nothing Then MsgBox "worksheet " & drop0(k) & " does not exist in this workbook", vbCritical: Exit Sub
          On Error GoTo 0
          For i = 0 To 2
               For j = 0 To 2
                    ws.Copy after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
                    With ActiveSheet
                         .Range("C2").Value = drop1(i)          'an option of this datavalidation
                         .Range("C3").Value = drop2(j)          'an option of this datavalidation
                         .Name = ws.Name & ", " & drop1(i) & "-" & drop2(j)     'name the new sheet as combination of old sheetname & the 2 datavalidations
                         If k + i + j = 0 Then                  'just in the first loop
                              Application.DisplayAlerts = False
                              Sheets(1).Delete                  'delete the initial and empty worksheet
                              Application.DisplayAlerts = True
                         End If
                    End With
               Next
          Next
     Next
     Application.ScreenUpdating = True

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Chowdhary_" & Format(Now, "yymmddhhmmss"), 51     'save new workbook as ... with timestamp

s = ""
     For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
          s = s & vbLf & sh.Name
     Next
     sp = split(Mid(s, 2), vbLf)
     Sheets(sp).Select
     ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Chowdhary_" & Format(Now, "yymmddhhmmss"), OpenAfterPublish:=True     ' save new workbook as pdf with timestamp
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back