Print area and text box problem

Paulo H

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I have a spreadsheet with a table that works fine but I have added to the end of it a text box containing terms and conditions. the issue I have is that when the table expands it mof coursemoves the text box down a line at a time which is fine. What I want to acheive is to 1. Set th print area via vba to the row after the where the textbox finishes and two prevent the text boxt being split over two pages. If the text box was always the last page that would be great. Many thanks

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Make sure that the textbox fits inside the last row FULLY by making the row height more than the textbox height
- ensure the textbox is not touching the top of the row or the bottom of the row

textbox printing.jpg

Upvote 0
Make sure that the textbox fits inside the last row FULLY by making the row height more than the textbox height
- ensure the textbox is not touching the top of the row or the bottom of the row

View attachment 17116
Hi

Thanks for the help but when the table expands it pushes this into the next row down which isn't correct height too small and also leaves the intial row as a too big

Thanks for your help though

Upvote 0
Select the textbox \ right-click \ properties \ check the box for move & size with cells

Upvote 0
It works correctly in my worksheet
EITHER you are doing something different
OR your version of Excel behaves differently to mine (unlikely if using Excel 2016)

Please explain where and how you are inserting rows

Upvote 0
Hi

I have created text box and inserted t&c, i then fit tgat into row 33 as you mentioned. When I add to table an it expands it moves to row 34 but that row doesn’t expand and row 33 doesn’t shrink. It is 2016 I am using. I enlarge the row the drag an place the text box to fit, it doesn’t give a cut and paste/insert option that i can see

Upvote 0
I have created text box and inserted t&c, i then fit tgat into row 33 as you mentioned. When I add to table an it expands it moves to row 34 but that row doesn’t expand and row 33 doesn’t shrink. It is 2016 I am using. I enlarge the row the drag an place the text box to fit, it doesn’t give a cut and paste/insert option that i can se

Upvote 0
Please try one more time
- I think your textbox is not moving with the "correct" cells

Try this
1 - move the original textbox to one side
2 - make sure the row height is big enough
3 - insert a NEW textbox in the row and size it correctly
4 - copy the text from old textbox to new textbox
5 - delete the old textbox
6 - make sure it the new textbox is fully inside the row BEFORE step7
7 - select the textbox \ right-click \ properties \ check the box for move & size with cells

When I insert rows anywhere above that row the textbox moves with that row, the row height remains unchanged and the row number increases by the number of rows inserted above

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back