Print area.....???

deanl33069

Board Regular
Can I print the same print area or a different print area of worksheets in the same book to 1 page.
sheet 1 the print area is set to AA2 to NN21. this data is inserted by a VB script , and may only fill part of the print area.
I would like to some how combine data in sheet 1 with data from other sheets under it so we don't print partial sheets of paper.
HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE>>>>>THVY

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Have you tried copying the print areas to one sheet and then print that new sheet?

Upvote 0
SO i have a workbook with several sheets named weights weights(2) Weights(3)
each sheet is the same except the data i input with a bar-code scanner.
each sheet is a different product that I have scanned, and recorded the weights.
I then have a VB script which takes the scanned weights and copies them to a different location on that sheet to be printed. (print area=(AC2:AQ50)
(weights r in a column that has been scanned and then vb moves them a print area within that sheet.)
so i can have several print areas on different sheets that i want to print on 1 sheet.

Upvote 0
Excel sends one sheet at a time to a printer. Each sheet is divided into pages, based on the amount of data in a print range. Users can set specific print ranges and page breaks, but there are limitations on how the data can be arranged to print as one page. One of the limitations is the capability of the printer being used, but primarily, Excel can only squeeze so much into a single printed page from a single worksheet. Maybe someone else knows, but I do not know how to make data from different Excel sheets print on a single page, except by creating a new worksheet where data from two or more sheets is pasted into the new sheet and then printed with the 'Fit to 1 page' setting. Excel can only use the attributes of the printer it downlads a print job to. It cannot create attributes for the printer. You can send more than one sheet to the printer as a single print job, but it will still process each sheet as a separate source and will not combine them to a single printed page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back