Print blank cell if formula is an error

WLHagen

Board Regular
Hi all! I'm using Excel 2007. I know when I had Excel 2003, there was a program setting that I saw in a magazine that could do this (and I did!), but I can't find it in the 2007 version!

I have a spreadsheet that uses formulas based on several pieces of data that I input from several sources. When I print the part of the spreadsheet, I don't always have all the data available to enter, so I have a cell that shows - #DIV/0! = as the data (because the underlying cell data is blank at this time). Without modifying the cell formula, is there a way to make a global Excel setting that would print just a blank cell if the formula is in error??

As always, thanks in advance for any and all answers!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

lenze

Legend
You can use Conditial Formatting on these cells
=ISERROR(A1) and format your Font color to white

lenze

WLHagen

Board Regular
Thanks, but I know it was a global Excel setting, that it would do this, regardless of which file you were in. I don't want to have to go back and modify multiple non-contiguous cells in multitudinous files.

lenze

Legend
There is no global setting for this that I know of, so your options are limited!!
Best thing is to design your sheets so the errors do not occur!
lenze

WLHagen

Board Regular
I found it! It wasn't a global setting for "all files" but it was at least a setting that can be changed for each file, as needed.

Go in to Page Setup, Then on the Sheet tab under the Print options, from the "Cell Errors As" dropdown box, choose <BLANK>.

Lenze -I design my sheets so errors don't occur, but in the world that I work in, I have to get information from several sources on a monthly basis, and unfortunately, their communication to me is not as timely as I would prefer, and I have to print a document before I've received all my information. Having my spreadsheet print a <BLANK>cell rather than "DIV/0!" in it affords me the space to at least write in the information when it's received.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuaHudsonpTi45

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...