Print Form

cornishteeth

Board Regular
I hope this makes sense. I am trying to figure out how to incorportate this into my database to make it a little earier. Here it goes. I have numerous forms that run off one single query. Sometimes I need to print all these forms out, other times, I just need to print one or two. I was thinking, why not have a "Print" form where I can select which forms I want to print out. Suppose I wanted form 1 and 4 for printing. I could somehow utilize a checkbox sequence where if it is selected, that form would print and so on. I hope this makes sense. I just don't know where to start with this. Could someone point me in the right direction or perhaps an example somewhere on the net or here?

Thanks,

Frank

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I'm not sure I follow you, but here is something that you might be able to work with.

Setup a form so that when you click print that form pops up. Said form will have either checkboxes for you to choos which forms you want to print, or a text box in which you seperate forms with a comma.

After choosing the forms you want, click ok. Write a routine that will see what you have checked/typed and make sure they are all valid. If they are all valid begin an open/print process.

use this:

DoCmd.OpenForm

One of the options you have is to put opening arguments in there. Setup each one of your forms so that if the opening argument is 'Print' that it will then use this:

DoCmd.PrintOut

Of course, be sure to handle it so that if the form opens with no arguments it continues normally.

Might be a long waste of time to do it this way, but I think it would get the job done. I hope you understand what I wrote :)

Kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back