Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I currently have a spread spread sheet with multiple columns and rows

I want to have a print button, where it prints
Page 1 : Range A1: G24, and then Range H1 to AE24
Page 2 : Range A1:G24, and Range AF1 to AZ24

Basically the left most columns contain names and data that I want to print on each page

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I hope I understand your need...One approach may be to add a summary sheet then name the ranges in the other sheets that you want to print out. Then merely refer to the names in the summary sheet. I do that all the time as I prefer to have more/less cluttered sheets rather than few denser ones.

Upvote 0
I hope I understand your need...One approach may be to add a summary sheet then name the ranges in the other sheets that you want to print out. Then merely refer to the names in the summary sheet. I do that all the time as I prefer to have more/less cluttered sheets rather than few denser ones.
I was hoping to do it with a basic VBasic command

Create a command button that says print
Output to printer would then be;
Page 1
Columns A-G, and Columns H to S
Page 2
Columns A-G and Columns T to AC

basically I am creating a time sheet, the left columns have empoyee names, total for the 2 weeks etc
These columns remain unchange,
So Page 1 has the names and the first week of hours, Reg Time, OT Time, assigned location and LOA
Page 2 has the names and the second week of hours, Reg time, OT ..........

I've seen commands like
Activesheet.Range("A1:H24").printout

But can I do something like

activesheet.range("A1:H24,AA1:AZ24").printout

Upvote 0
I was hoping to do it with a basic VBasic command

Create a command button that says print
Output to printer would then be;
Page 1
Columns A-G, and Columns H to S
Page 2
Columns A-G and Columns T to AC

basically I am creating a time sheet, the left columns have empoyee names, total for the 2 weeks etc
These columns remain unchange,
So Page 1 has the names and the first week of hours, Reg Time, OT Time, assigned location and LOA
Page 2 has the names and the second week of hours, Reg time, OT ..........

I've seen commands like
Activesheet.Range("A1:H24").printout

But can I do something like

activesheet.range("A1:H24,AA1:AZ24").printout

I should Add that this is each worksheet or Tab will contain 2 weeks of data, I will copy the week short and create another Tab called Pay week #2, and repeat the worksheet. by the end of the year I will have 26 worksheets containg 2 weeks of hours on each

Sheet 1 will tally each employee hours and keep a running total through the year (I have this one figured out)

Please keep in mind that my VB skills are very basic to say the least. The last time I did any coding Fortran and Pascal were still a thing

Upvote 0
Although I'm feeling around in the dark a bit...I think you could specify the print ranges desired for each sheet including 1. what sounds like a summary sheet and 2. for the template for the biweekly sheet.

Then you can use control plus click to select more than one sheet at a time (for printing).

E.g. select summary sheet then control click the sheet tab for Period 2 sheet.

Print will print the "Print Range" that you specify for each of the two sheets.

I hope that you inferred that you can select more than one range of cells as the Print Range. Set Print Range under Page Layout menu item. First select the two ranges -- using control + mouse to select the second range -- then Page Layout => Print Area => Set Print Range.

You should see the two cell ranges specified as the print range if you use the little down-to-right arrow clickygizmo on the lower right edge of the Page Layout tab to show details.

Here is a simple example.

I sure hope that that helps. No macro needed?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back