Print Issue with Footers

msvec

Board Regular
OK, I have a report that is 41 pages long. The first 15 pages are on individual tabs, each with a hard coded custom footer that represents pages 1 - 15. However, the last 26 pages are in one tab, which happens to be the last tab.

Here's the problem. Clients can print the whole report or individual pages. If they print just the last tab, I'm OK in using &[Page]+15 in the footer and the pages print fine as 16 - 41. However, if they opt to print the whole report, the page numbers come out as 1 - 15 and 30 - 55 as Excel tries to help out when the entire workbook is printed and automatically assigns sequential numbers to the &[Page] piece of the footer.

FYI, i'm calling a print routine via VB and i suppose a way around this would be to call two separate routines, but i'd rather not, and i'm curious if there is a way around this.

Thanks for reading all of this and any assistance would be much appreciated.

thanks, mike

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Nevermind, thanks to all those who tried. I just had to change the &[Page]+15 to only &[Page] and then on the 'Page' tab of the 'Page Setup' dialog at the bottom, I had to change 'First Page Number' from Auto to 16.

works great

i knew that had to be there somewhere and in finding it knew i'd used it before. sorry to have bothered you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raviguru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back