Print Macro Help - Is it possible to Macro so only the pages in a sheet that have data in certain cells are printed?

Barryoffshore

Board Regular
I have a workbook that has 87 sheets, and each sheet has 21 printable pages. Is there a macro which will print only the pages that have entries on them? For instance, if on a single sheet, there is data in cells E7, E37, E66 & E95, only the pages that have those cells in them will print. Is a macro like this possible and if so, can someone help me with it please???

Thank you!!!
Bear

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I don't think I was clear enough - so here it is I hope explained better...

I have a workbook that has 87 sheets, and each sheet has 21 printable pages. Is there a macro I can attach to each sheet which will print only the pages on that sheet that have entries on them? For instance, if on a single sheet, there is data in cells E7, E37, E66 & E95, only the pages in that sheet that have data in those cells will print. Is a macro like this possible and if so, can someone help me with it please???

Upvote 0
I don't think I was clear enough - so here it is I hope explained better...

I have a workbook that has 87 sheets, and each sheet has 21 printable pages. Is there a macro I can attach to each sheet which will print only the pages on that sheet that have entries on them? For instance, if on a single sheet, there is data in cells E7, E37, E66 & E95, only the pages in that sheet that have data in those cells will print. Is a macro like this possible and if so, can someone help me with it please???

Upvote 0
If you autofilter the sheet to exclude blanks in col E and then print, does that do what you want?

Upvote 0
I don't know enough about autofilter - but I don't think that is what I'm needing. If I knew how to post a picture of my sheet, I think you would better be able to understand what I'm needing - but I can't... Right now, in a sheet in the workbook, if I just click print, 21 pages will print out, most of which will be blank forms. What I want is to have a macro that will omit from the print all the forms that haven't had data put in them. Each form is eactly the same, basically just a continuation of the one above it... Does that make better sense?

Bear
(p.s. - I grew up in Sulphur Springs TX (N.E. Texas) and live about 100 miles west of Houston now)

Upvote 0
Mr. shg -

I don't know enough about autofilter - but I don't think that is what I'm needing. If I knew how to post a picture of my sheet, I think you would better be able to understand what I'm needing - but I can't...

Right now, in a sheet in the workbook, if I just click print, 21 pages will print out, most of which will be blank forms. What I want is to have a macro that will omit from the print all the forms that haven't had data put in them. Each form is eactly the same, basically just a continuation of the one above it... Does that make better sense?

Bear
(p.s.- I grew up in Sulphur Springs Texas (N.E. Texas) and live about 100 miles west of Houston now)

Upvote 0
You could hide the rows that need not be printed.

If you can't figure out and describe how to do whatever you need done via the user interface, no one is going to be able to suggest a macro to do it.

Upvote 0
Mr. shg, Thank you for replying, but I don't know how I could be anymore clear...

Click on a Sheet.

There are 21 identical forms in that sheet.

Click Print.

21 indentical forms print out.

Most of the pages that print are forms that haven't had data put in them.

Some have had data put in.

I want to be able to have it print only the pages that have data on them print without having to go to the print settings and pick pages 1 thru 12 (or whatever).

There are 87 of these sheets with 21 pages on each - I am trying to conserve time by being able to go to each sheet - click a macro and not have all 21 pages print out - just the pages that have data entered in them.

Mr. shg, I do thank you for all the help you have given me - If this isn't clear enough then I will just give up.

Bear

You could hide the rows that need not be printed.

If you can't figure out and describe how to do whatever you need done via the user interface, no one is going to be able to suggest a macro to do it.

Upvote 0
Just to ask once more: If you hid the rows that were not to be printed on each sheet, and then printed the whole workbook, the result would be what you want -- yes or no?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back