Print Preview problems

Mgreencornerstone

Board Regular
I am having print preview problems; the print preview does not correspond to the normal view. The print preview also changes when you zoom in. I am not sure which of the 3 views it the one that is going to print. The print preview is the one which normally prints but not always. Can someone help me so that I can get my spreadsheets right. I am running Office XP.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Excel is sometimes quite bad in this respect. It tends to not like sheet or printpreview zooms of other than 100%.

A big factor in this is the printer driver you are using - nothing to do with Excel. The first thing to do is make sure that you are using the latest version of the driver from the printer manufacturer website. The fact that they need to be updated from time to time shows that these are not perfect.

Sometimes better results can be obtained by setting up your printer (like a new printer) to use a "generic" (not specific to a particular model number) printer driver eg. 'HP Laserjet' will run most laser printers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back