Print range with validation circles

plettieri

Platform
  1. MacOS
Ladies and Gentlemen:

A quick question on print options...

It there a way/option to print a range of the spreadsheet that would include the data validation circles. Are these data validation circles only for viewing purposes?

Any way around limit 255 cells being validated?

Another question: Can a worksheet be saved with the precedent line references being diplayed. Once the file is saved it seems the precedent lines are lost. Any way to retain this info for the next time the file is accessed?

tks
pll
This message was edited by plettieri on 2002-10-22 15:06

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Yes, I have a suggestion.

You use two terms that some people may not be familiar with, possibly resulting in not wanting to guess at what you mean and what you want.

Please clarify/define for everyone:

"Data validation circle"

"Precedent line references"

If you state what you are seeing, what you are doing when you see what you see, and what result you want after you do what you do, then you may get some suggestions to fix whatever Excel problem you are trying to solve.

Upvote 0
Thanks Tom for listening...

The technique that I was trying to create was to prepare a spreadsheet (Having a multiple of allocations using %, formulas, etc for the purpose of allocation tax liabilities to various states....not really important). The formulas would be in place and I wanted a manual worksheet printout to give to various persons so that they could complete their portion (raw data portions). My idea was to circle the cells they need to fill in. I tried the color coding options for the cells (Edit|Goto|special highlighting the features but found the circles are more obvious and more pronounced.

The process that I used to get he circles is from the Formula Auditing toolbar |icon called "Circle Invalid Data". This produces red oval shaped circles in the cells that I define in the Data | Validation process.

I got the result that I wanted displayed on the screen, but not able to print in hard copy "circles" around the cells.

This is only cosmetic issue for me as I have the mechanics of the worksheet working fine. I just wanted to know if anyone else possibly found a way to get these circles printed.

Not an critical issue here....just wanted to know.

tks
pll

Upvote 0
When I want to print circles around a cell(s):

1. View/Toolbars/Drawing.
2. Select the oval shape and click the cell(s) to be highlighted.
3. Adjust the size of the shape by dragging its corners.
4. With the shape highlighted, Fill Color/No Fill and Line Color/Red.
5. To adjust the thickness of the oval line, select Line Style and then select a line thickness.

HTH

Mike
This message was edited by Ekim on 2002-10-23 12:56

Upvote 0
Thanks Ekim

I kind of wanted the process to be on a selected range from which I can set the paramenters and do all at once.....I have used the drawing technique, but is time consuming. thks for yr input

pll
This message was edited by plettieri on 2002-10-23 13:02

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back