print worksheets based upon criteria

gnrboyd

I have a monthly template that has 31 tabs labeled 1 through 31 for the days of the month. I would like to add a macro that would print only the sheets that have a value greater than 0 in either of two specific cells.

Example:

Sheet / Cell B2 / Cell B36 / Action
1 / 0.00 / 0.00 / Don't print
2 / 100.00 / 0.00 / Print
3 / 0.00 / 100.00 / Print
4 / 100.00 / 100.00 / Print

I could add a summary sheet that would pull over these values and/or add if statements that return results like "don't print" or "print" if it would be easier in the macro or I could just use the code in macro to determine to print or not.

I am a record and tweak macro user and this isn't something you can record. I found some simple code in another post that would print one page based upon single criteria but it isn't exactly what I was looking for.

I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

I have tried the code previously suggested in this thread but it isn't working for some reason. (I think it is looping incorrectly.) I have recapped what I need in my post from 12/12 at 11:11 below. If someone can look at this and offer a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

If I can't get more suggestions, I will probably just enter the code to look at each sheet, do a comparison, print or not print, and then go on to the next sheet rather than having it done in a loop. I know it is not the preferred method, but it is only 31 pages.

Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Gary

Are any of the sheets chart sheets or some other type of sheet?

Upvote 0
No chart sheets. They are just standard worksheets. I think at least part of the problem with the code is the first line. (for each sheet in workbook......) I am not looking at each sheet in the workbook. Only 31 out of 35 sheets. Then when I alter your code from 31 to a lower number for testing, the code still loops 35 times. I'm getting very odd results and difficult to track exactly what is going on.

Upvote 0
Yes, the sheets I want to evaluate before printing are numbered 1 through 31 for each day of the month.

Upvote 0
And you're 100% sure none of them have leading/trailing spaces in the name?

Upvote 0
The posted code worked in a test file for me.
Thought I had an error, but noticed I had a Text number and not a true number in cell B2 of one of my sheets.
Are all your values true numbers and not text?
"=ISNUMBER(B2)" should show TRUE.

Upvote 0
Yes, all of the values are numeric. (I used the isnumber and all show true) Sometimes I do put two values in that cell that are added together. (=100+50) Also, the cell B2 is actually merged with B3 and B36 is merged with B37. I thought that might be the problem but I did a test on a couple of pages by unmerging them but the problem still existed so I thought I ruled that out.

I am positive the names of the sheets to not have leading/trailing spaces.

Maybe I need to do more testing on the merged cell theory..??

Upvote 0
John,

For a test, can you change your page range from 1-31 to something less and see if the macro loops the correct number of times?

Upvote 0
As written, it is going to loop as many times as there are worksheets, but that is not a problem because the "Case 1 To 31" line will only look at sheets named 1 thru 31.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back