Printing order of worksheets

MMGroup

Board Regular
I have a workbook with four worksheets, say A, B, C, and D. When I select all worksheets and print them, the printed order is A, D, C, B (which is the original order of the worksheets before I moved them). How do I get them to print in order.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Really easy way - record a macro of yourself printing the sheets in the order you want, then assign the macro to a button. You can then just click the button to get the right print order.

This is what the macro recorder gave me:

<pre>

Sub printing()
'
' printing Macro
' Macro recorded 28/08/2002 by Paddy
'

'
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
End Sub

</pre>
Hope that helps
Paddy

Upvote 0
Thank you for the idea. But, I need to send the file to lots of folks and want the thing to just print correctly. There's got to be a way to fix this!

Upvote 0
To the best of my (limited) knoweldge, you will have to take a macro based approach to this. Pressing the print icon, or selecting print from the menu lists will give you the default print orders. The default is to print them in the order they appear in the workbook. So, 2 options come to mind:

1) Disable the built in print options & give them a print button that prints in the order you want

2) Have a before_print macro that re-orders the sheets into your preferred order so the default print order produces your desired results.

That said, my VBA is limited, so I'll wait to be corrected :)

Paddy

Upvote 0
You're assuming I know what I'm talking about! I don't know VBA at all.
The problem is that the pages ARE NOT printing in the order of the worksheets. That's all I want them to do.
Dan

Upvote 0
OK - can you describe exactly what's happening at the moment & what you want to happen...

Paddy

Upvote 0
It is in the original post. There are four worksheets, say they are named A, B, C, and D, and they are in that order. When I select all of them and tell Excel to print Active sheets, or if I select Print entire workbook, the order they print in is incorrect (I can't see my original post now, but that's the order.) What I want is for it to print in this order: A, B, C, D
Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back