Printing payslips - Please Help!

rushdhi

I need to print payslips for our employees as we do not have a dedicated payroll software to do this.

Here is what I want to do. I want to have lower area of the worksheet as a template and the upper area to hold all payroll information and I want Excel to pickup the information from uppaer area and transpose that to the template and print. After printing the record in the 1st row it should move down and repeat until all the records are printed

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
What Payroll information is being held in your upper area - is it calculated results for each employee i.e tax deducted, gross pay,net pay etc or is it a tax table for your template to make the deductions from ?
I would think that as tax deductions are being made involving employees wages some dedicated software like Quickbooks Pro or Sage Payroll would be the safest option

Upvote 0
Yes the top area contains calculated results for each employee, such as Gross Pay, Deductions, Netpay for each employee.

Thanks
Rushdhi

On 2002-09-24 04:45, royUK wrote:
What Payroll information is being held in your upper area - is it calculated results for each employee i.e tax deducted, gross pay,net pay etc or is it a tax table for your template to make the deductions from ?
I would think that as tax deductions are being made involving employees wages some dedicated software like Quickbooks Pro or Sage Payroll would be the safest option

Upvote 0
Hi
This form has Lookups in the blue cells which bring information from the list in the top half of the sheet. Just assign each employee an ID and for each payslip change the ID#. the payslip will update and then you can print.
It should be possible to create a macro to automate the actions
Is this any help?

Roy
Book2
ABCDEFGH
1ID~#EmployeeGrossPayDeductionsNetPay
21Smith1000150850
12EmployeeID#1
14NameSmith
17GrossPay1000
18Deductions150
20Netpay850
Sheet1

This message was edited by royUK on 2002-09-24 07:11

Upvote 0
Which is exactly what a mail merge will do just without having to fiddle around with macros, you just have to insert the column names (fields) into the word document where you want them and you can print all or a range or one or whatever.

The only hassle is getting the layout you want into word rather than excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back