Printing problems

Linus Bern

I am trying to print a workbook which contains about 20 pages. When I try to print some of them, the program claims that it can't find anything to print, even though I can clearly see that there is something on the page. The others print fine and there is no difference between the ones that will print and the ones that won't.

Please help me before I throttle this computer.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Have you tried setting the print area for the problematic pages so that only the bit on the page with data on that needs printing is printed??

I used this code to attach to a button in my current uni project; it should when clicked print 2 copies of a sheet but only the selected area as I have hidden stuff at the bottom of it :)
As you can see it also previews it but essentially you should only need the top line of it.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton_privateprint_Click()
Worksheets("Private Advert").PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:I53"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=2, Preview:=True, Collate:=True
End Sub

Hope it helps!!!
Scho

Upvote 0
No good.

I thought I would try copying the pages that wouldn't print to a new workbook in case the original workbook was somehow corrupted, but they wouldn't print in the new one either.

I hope someone can help me, because I have about four days work ahead of me to redo everything if I can't get it to print.

Upvote 0
Try this:

Highlight all the sheet tabs by clicking on the first tab, holding down the Shift key and then clicking on the last tab. Then, do a File, Print Preview, and go from page to page. If you can't see the information on any particular sheet(s), it normally means that the printer will not be able to print it. Then, I would analyze that sheet(s), doing different situations, until I get my answer.

Of course, without an actual example of what you are experiencing, it may not be possible at all to help you any more than Scho has done already!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back