Printing sequential page numbers from a single sheet

TheLabbie

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
So I used the code that I found on here (decided to search before just asking this question) and it works except for one small hiccup.

It sends each page to be printed as it's own file to print, which I think is what it's supposed to do, but when I send it to the network printer it keeps throwing errors at me. It'll resolve the error (I guess) because does print but it's taking about 20 seconds or more between each page. It's better than handwriting all the numbers of the pages in but it's going to take longer than a half hour to print out this 100 page book. Is there a way to combat this or is this more probably an issue with our network/printer?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
So I used the code that I found on here (decided to search before just asking this question) and it works except for one small hiccup.

It sends each page to be printed as it's own file to print, which I think is what it's supposed to do, but when I send it to the network printer it keeps throwing errors at me. It'll resolve the error (I guess) because does print but it's taking about 20 seconds or more between each page. It's better than handwriting all the numbers of the pages in but it's going to take longer than a half hour to print out this 100 page book. Is there a way to combat this or is this more probably an issue with our network/printer?

Thanks!
Update on the time: I originally started printing at 7:30 and it's not a little after 8 and there's still 54 pages of the 100 to go, so it'll take over an hour to print.

Upvote 0

Thanks!

Nevermind, It's our network/older crappier printer. There's a newer one on the network I forgot about and we tried it with that and it went super fast. An hour and 8 minutes for the one printer and like less than 2 for the other one. I'd just delete the question but I can't figure out how to do that.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back