Printing - Specifically Column Borders

Zacharias

I can't seem to find this elsewhere on this site though I'm SURE someone's asked:

I print the same spreadsheet several times with different filters and hidden columns - and to that end "Custom Views" helps a TON.
However when I hide a column it (obviously) changes the border style separating the adjacent columns, and I have to adjust it manually.

Is there somewhere I can find out what the 'rules' are for which border takes precedence when I hide a column so I can plan for this when setting up the spreadsheet? -- or even a better solution if you know it.

Basic Example: Border @ columns A/B is bold, Border at B/C is thin. Hide Column B and sometimes the border @ A/C is bold, sometimes thin, sometimes inconsistent.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
This has been one of my annoyances as well, also when deleting rows or columns, suddenly gaps in the borders appear.

it seems that the borders are remembered in order of applying them.

Fix? alas not. I sometimes have a macro that i run just to do the formatting again, but haven't checked how that sits with hidden columns/rows

Upvote 0
My 'work around' is to set the custom view so that it already has the cells highlighted that I want to reformat. Certainly not a true fix and probably only helpful for my exact situation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back