Printing wide sheet to 1 pg, each section below the other

s_d_hw

Hi,

I have a wide spreadsheet that I am currently printing landscape, fit to 1 page. It is made up of headers in Column A, and then 3 sections, B5-I47, L5-S47, and V5-AA47.

What I would like to do is print portait, on one page, but have the 3 sections stacked, so section one, then below section 2, then section 3 below that...with the headers that are in A5-47 printing to the the left of all 3 sections.

How would I go about doing this???

(hope that makes sense!)

TIA!!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
If you have only one spreadsheet, why don't you do a number of manual Copys and Pastes, so that your actual spreadsheet looks just like what you are wanting your printout to appear like?

Upvote 0
I considered doing this, but this spreadsheet is sent to multiple users weekly, and they want the file itself to remain the same, but it is getting difficult to read for the paper users....so they thought setting it up the way I described above for print purposes would solve this problem.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
If the spreadsheet always has the same cell ranges that need to be reconfigured for the printout, it should not be too difficult to create the necessary code in VBA.

On the other hand, you can easily do it, this way.

On the spreadsheet, click on Tools, Macro, Record new macro. Select, say, a capital z for your shortcut, which will then be Ctrl+shift+z. Now, go to cell A1, highlight down to cell A47, do a copy, go to the firstcell in the next page (it is 52, in mine), and do a paste. Copy range L1:S47, then go to the first cell in column B on page 2 (B52 on mine), and do a Paste. Do a Copy for range V1:AA47, and paste in the first cell in column B on page 3 (B103 on mine). Highlight the full, three-page range (A1:I53, on mine), click on File, Print Area, Set Print Area. Finally, hit Tools, Macro, End Recording.

There you are. Now, to print out the three pages, just hit Ctrl+shift+z to get your three-page format, then do a Print All. Done!

Let us know if this does it for you.

If you need the spreadsheet to remain as it was, it is simple to just delete all from row 52 down. One could even record an "erase" macro to do it, if the manual erasing proves too taxing :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back