Probably simple but..... Pulling out info based on text

Gnip

Hello gang,

Brand new to this forum, very impressed!!!

I have what is probably a simple one to solve but my tiny mind cannot cope......

Within Excel I have a regular table of data and dependent on the info within a column of cells I would like the info to appear within one of 3 new sheets. BUT.... I can't figure it out because the info forms an irregular part of text within the cells in a specific column - Obviously if it was dependent on the whole of the text I could use Vlookup but it's not.

If it needs further clarification, a column of cells may have, say, "blahblah234/PLblah" -> If this cell contains within the text "PL" then it should have the whole of the row in the new sheet, if not then blank.

Help!!!!
Thanks
Gnip

Hi
No issues. In all my mails I have suggested using Alt F8. So I felt it was unnecessary. If it can avoid pressing one button(create), I can add sub/endsub in my future replies.
Ravi

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
If you go in through ALT-F8, I think you still have to hit the Create button. I don't usually do it this way, but I've never seen a place here where you can just plop in code without clicking on anything, and no offense but this is what your description has always sounded like to me.

Code:
Paste the following codes in the macro window ( Alt F8)

Upvote 0
Well guy's, what absolute stars, if only I had 0.00001 % of your knowledge........

Many thanks
Gnip

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back