Problem filling a cell

dbailey705

Hi

I am having difficulty figuring out how to proceed with the workbook I am creating. I have about 15 options I would like fill in a different cell depending on if the user chooses certain data. I tried to use IF but it only allowed me to give seven options then it would not allow any more choices to be made. Is there another way I can do this to allow all the options to be avialable?

For example, If I choose 1 of the 15 choices, the cell I choose will fill with the number I have associated with said choice. Again, it was working for the first few choices using IF but I still have other options that I cannot put in there because I am getting an error. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
HI

What are the selection / output combinations? Maybe VLOOKUP???

Tony

Upvote 0
In the first worksheet I have the product we run in columns and the days of the week in rows along with each of the shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd) . What I am trying to do is If the person imputing data on the first sheet inputs the number 50 for a certain product on a certain day, I want that information to go to anthor worksheet that has a schedule for the day

I tried to do this using IF and it worked for a few but then it wouldnt let me put all the choices I need to have. ( We run about 25 different product so I need to have at least that many options). I hope this helps clear it up. I am stumped!

Thanks

Upvote 0
HI

Can you post up a sample of your layout and expected output for a given example.

Tony

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back