Problem in working with Data tables in Excel 2016

Rituparna

Hello, i am facing a peculiar problem. I was doing a sensitivity analysis through data table and putting the IRR value as a reference for the data table to calculate values. For this I am using the cell reference of the cell in which I have calculated the IRR value of the project. And it is in a separate worksheet, i.e., I am trying to calculate the data table in one worksheet with reference to some other worksheet of the same workbook. And everytime it's showing the same IRR vales across the data table.
Then , when I tried to detect the formula dependants by using Trace dependence option it's showing nothing saying "The Trace Dependent has found no formula refered to in the active cell! Then, again I tried to bring the data table to the same page in which the IRR has been calculated and checked with the Trace dependents and again the same results shown. I am baffled, don't know what to do.
I was using the IRR formula as a reference in data table. Actually what I wanted to create was a data table that displays the IRR of the project at various debt interest and debt funding values.
I am taking the IRR value from the 'Return Analysis' worksheet and using it in the Data Table of 'Sensitivity Analysis' worksheet.
I've calculated IRR in the 'Return Analysis' worksheet only by using the IRR formula.
and in the 2nd table I have taken different Equity funding values in the rows and Cost of Equity % in the column for calculating the NPV variance in the data table as a part of the Sensitivity Analysis.
Can anyone please help me sort it out?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back