Problem when exporting line graph the points are not equally spaced out

chompyrud

Hi there
I wonder if anyone can help me on this, i've looked online but find no related posts.
Basically, what i need to do is
I have a calculation in excel that generates a bunch of figures
I select all these figures and generate a line graph from them - which comprises of just the line and the point values
I copy this graph and 'paste special' - and then paste as a 'picture (enhanced metafile) into corel draw
I do this as I need to delete all the other information apart from the line and the point figures so that I can shrink the graph down (vertically) to the (mm) size between the two extreme point values (so its to scale) and then stretch this graph horizontally to fit the line over a series of evenly spaced lines (the amount of lines and the spacing distance vary with every drawing)
I make sure all of the figures are within the extremities of the graph so that when I stretch it etc I know the graph line is the correct length/height (I manually move the point figures later)
This seems to generally work but the problem I have is that although the height of the line is fine, and the two (horizontal) end points are fine - sometimes (not always though) a lot of the points inbetween (that should theoretically land on each of the evenly spaced lines) land slightly to the sides of the lines - i.e they are not quite evenly spaced, so I have to manually select and move each line back over to my line guidelines (to tidy up the graph) - sometimes I have a few hundred of these to do and its so time consuming
Like i say it doesn't always happen, sometimes they all land perfectly (particularly on small drawings)- but most of the time (particularly on jobs when there are lots of points) - it doesn't though
Does anyone know why excel isn't spacing these points perfectly evenly? Or if there's a way to fix it?
Just to note - Unfortunately I have to use this version of excel as newer versions lose some of the functionality needed to other aspects of my job - and it doesn't seem to be the importing into Corel that's the problem as the graph is exactly the same as the one generated in excel.
Apologies for maybe an information overload but its difficult to explain what my problem was

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Thanks in advance

Mark

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back